Active Now

DannyPetti
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What's the most unusual favour you've ever done for a friend?

What's the most unusual favour you've ever done for a friend?

Mrs Didge and I were working at adjacent stalls at an exhibition in a shopping mall. The woman on my other side told me that one of the shopkeepers kept hitting on her so she told him I was her husband. She said, "Would you mind giving me a hug once in a while?"

Would I mind???

Well, when a lady is in distress we all have to do what we can.

What about you? Have you ever had to make a sacrifice like that? 

Posted - March 9, 2017

Responses

• Dozy, here is one unusual favour that comes to mind...
    It was 1973, and I had driven from Washington State to the bayous of Louisiana, visiting friends there, African-American, for Mardi Gras. 

Well the poverty was extreme, which was not unfamiliar to me because of my childhood in the timber outback of Washington logging country...the privy being an outhouse, and such. But still lots of racial prejudice in Louisiana then, and one morning my friend's neighbor asked me if I would sit out on the front porch as her employer came to pick her up for her work as a maid.

This lady had refused to believe that ANY white person would stay in 'such conditions,' and the friend wanted to demonstrate that indeed it was possible, and it was happening...
      March 9, 2017 10:58 PM MST

• That was certainly an unusual favour to do. Not difficult, but worthwhile.
      March 9, 2017 11:51 PM MST

I was there for my friend when she underwent a surgery, I later brought her to my home and she lived at my place for two days so that if a post surgery urgency arose , we could take her.
      March 9, 2017 11:08 PM MST

• That's really nice of you, Veena. I'm not surprised. That's the way you come across on here. 
      March 9, 2017 11:50 PM MST

Oh thank you Didge, She remains a very close friend...we are more like sistersL
      March 9, 2017 11:54 PM MST

• I once let my best friend borrow a pair of my underwear D:
      March 10, 2017 12:11 AM MST

• Greater love hath no man than this...
      March 10, 2017 3:01 AM MST
  • AG

Picking up T4s for my friend. Some employers are apparently too cheap to put a stamp on an envelope and mail it to their former employees who live far away.
      March 10, 2017 3:55 AM MST

• That's very cheap, indeed. Surely they're required by law to provide them? 
      March 10, 2017 10:09 AM MST

Yes, they are. But some employers just don't care. My friend lives all the way in Kanata, which is maybe more than an hour bus ride away.
      March 10, 2017 1:08 PM MST