Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » Have you ever experienced Virtual Reality?

Have you ever experienced Virtual Reality?

It looks interesting but I've never spoken to anyone that had the experience.  I just wonder what it is like. 

Posted - March 11, 2017

Responses

• Only with Google cardboard ... It's certainly interesting and fun but that was only a C grade version of what's available
      March 11, 2017 12:57 PM MST

Thank You. I googled it and watched the demo.  Now I know what virtual reality is.  
      March 11, 2017 1:32 PM MST

• There was a demo I watched using Google cardboard ... It was in Tokyo ... Being able to move your head around and watch the view change depending on where you are looking is amazing .. :)
      March 11, 2017 1:36 PM MST

• A friend of mine was able to get his hands on the Oculus Rift developer kit.   Played around with that a bit.   It was cool but the development wasn't there yet to utilize it's true potential when I messed with it.
      March 11, 2017 2:20 PM MST

• Only from a medical point of view.

The scope of what we were doing was very limited (moving dots, and so on) but I learned that if you need to wear glasses to see the current crop of VR goggles totally fail. The technician tried to force them on over my specs, without which I see almost nothing. He skewed them to the point where I couldn't see anyway. 

I did see enough to realise that a VR scenario could be fun but, unless your eyes are good enough to see things without specs, it may not be for you.
      March 11, 2017 2:48 PM MST