Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Which is harder to deal with...rules that keep changing or no rules at all? Why?

Which is harder to deal with...rules that keep changing or no rules at all? Why?

Posted - March 14, 2017

Responses

• I'd say rules that are not consistent.  For example in my childhood house children were required to use, "please" and "thank you".  This is reasonable.  But my fecal father held himself above giving this basic courtesy to his kids.  At the dinner table he'd say to my sister, "Go get me the ketchup."  When she returned with it she would not even get a nod.  What a piece of s.
      March 14, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

Did you know HIS parents whistle? Your grandparents? What were THEY like? It was their job to raise a respectful child and clearly they blew it. I guess some folks overcome bad parents without being damaged too  much and some kids are forever very badly damaged by them.  Having good parents is a crap shoot isn't it?  Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 15, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

• Paternal grandfather just barely.  Grandmother very haughty.  But it may be rash to blame his parents for his lack of parenting skills and his very serious emotional problems.  More was going on.
      March 15, 2017 9:02 AM MDT