Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Automotive inquiry

Automotive inquiry

I need someone to recommend a reliable car battery. You guys here should know what is best...

Posted - April 3, 2017

Responses

• From my experience over the years with my own shop? I recommend one of these. Longer lasting and good warranties.
    AutoCraft
    Bosch
    DieHard
    Duralast
    Interstate

I sold Interstate at my shop but these others are the best for the money.
      April 3, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

• I don't know what a good price would be. Hubs always took care of this but because I let the car sit twelve days and the battery is dead he is not in a good mood. He does have to keep recharging his batteries and he swapped the one in the car with one of his boat batteries. He'll probably charge it overnight...I want something that will not go dead if not used for several days...two weeks. 
      April 3, 2017 7:45 AM MDT

• Most batteries start at about $80.00 on up now. The Bosch is probably the most expensive but I've had real good luck with DuraLast batteries also. Great warranty.
      April 3, 2017 7:52 AM MDT

• I found an "Interstate" on Amazon for about $90 but there were several bad reports because it is small. I am only going to be able to order something from Amazon because I am not the picture of health. I'm just going to have to charge whatever I get and have it delivered. I have to make a good choice because if anything goes wrong with it I'll get badgered for sure. 

I know, I know, "you get what you pay for". I'm just between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks so much for your help. I understand the ball is in my court.
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 3, 2017 8:13 AM MDT
      April 3, 2017 8:07 AM MDT

• Let me know what you decide on. You might also try Sears online for a DieHard.
      April 3, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

I bought a Die Hard once that failed within a few days. One of the cells had shorted. They replaced it of course.
      April 3, 2017 1:40 PM MDT

Most reputable dealers sell reliable ones. I go to a place called Battery Warehouse. You drive your car in, they test the charging system and the battery. I watched the tech do it and could immediately see I needed a new battery. They replaced it. It came with a 60 month warranty. I was in and out in 15 minutes. Try to find a place like that.
      April 3, 2017 7:23 AM MDT

• Thanks for the suggestion...there is a Batteries Plus here local...
      April 3, 2017 8:43 AM MDT