Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » So we're willing to let the old/ill/poor/young die so that the wealthy among us can get tax breaks. That's what it boils down to. Why?

So we're willing to let the old/ill/poor/young die so that the wealthy among us can get tax breaks. That's what it boils down to. Why?

Posted - May 5, 2017

Responses

Old have Medicare.
    Poor have Medicaid.
    Children have CHIPS.
    Ill can get Medicaid using the spin down rule to qualify.
      May 5, 2017 10:29 AM MDT

Thank you for your very precise reply devoid of insult m2c. Medicaid will be reduced by 25%.  That I believe you already know. When the  GOP sets its sights on Medicare which they will I have no guarantee that it won't be cut similarly. You continue to believe in the good intentions of  Republican Pols. I admire that loyalty. I don't share it of course but to each his/her own. Happy Saturday! :)
      May 13, 2017 4:19 AM MDT

Obama cut Medicare as part of OC....did it affect you? It made a friend of mines medicine cost triple. I helped him find a different plan that was more reasonable. It was still higher but not as bad. 
    My kids have the CHIPS program, I pay a premium each month for it. I will know it is affected. 
      May 13, 2017 7:47 AM MDT

Dear rosie Isn't that the way it's always been? ): i'm consoled by the fact that the end is in sight! ( Daniel 2:44) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at May 13, 2017 4:19 AM MDT
      May 12, 2017 11:11 PM MDT

I have probably asked you this question before m'dear so please forgive the repetition. Here's the thing. God/Jesus are symbols of and models of loving thy neighbor as thyself. We know that "what you do to the least of mine you do to me" is paramount to this view. We know that the wealthy are not depicted favorably in the Bible. We KNOW that the poor and the frail and the meek and the old are treated with compassion and love and respect and that we are asked to do likewise. We KNOW that. So how do you explain those wealthy "true believers" whose lives are the very antithesis of what the Bible teaches us? How can they have the nerve to go to church and feel so self-righteous when they don't love their neighbors because they have so much hate in their hearts..when they dismiss/look down on those who are not in their "class" financially or socially or politically or religiously?. When they cheer joyfully and support harming the poor to enrich themselves? How can that be? Do hypocrites not recognize what they are? I know we've talked about this before but I just can't get it through my head. It isn't enough to say those people are not true Christians. How is that they DARE to portray themselves as such when their very lives show what liars they are? SIGH. Thanks for reading through this and Happy Saturday Autumn!  :)
      May 13, 2017 4:27 AM MDT

Never apologize for voicing your very valid and legitimate concerns rosie. Just keep in mind that the Almighty is looking down at all this mess and turmoil, and he has vowed to avenge the lowly and innocent. He is all but too aware of the conduct of those that exploit and take advantage of the vulnerable. Keep in mind these words found at Psalms 37:1-7 "do not be upset because of evil men or envious of wrongdoers. They will quickly wither like grass and  shrivel like green new grass. Trust in Jehovah and do what is good, reside in the earth and act with faithfulness. Find exquisite delight in Jehovah, and he will grant you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to Jehovah rely on him, and he will act in your behalf. He will make your righteousness shine like daybreak, and your justice like the midday sun. Keep silent before Jehovah and wait expectantly for him. Do not be upset by the man who succeeds in carrying out his schemes." Hugs to you! :) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at May 14, 2017 9:09 AM MDT
      May 13, 2017 11:30 PM MDT