Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » The new "Ghostbusters" starring recent SNL talents Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Kristen Wiig has received excellent reviews. Do you plan on seeing it?

The new "Ghostbusters" starring recent SNL talents Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Kristen Wiig has received excellent reviews. Do you plan on seeing it?

The Internet has hardly "exploded with hatred" for it, as some of the lesser intellects with limited or no senses of humor on our beloved site have suggested it would. In fact, it's done quite well at the box office in addition to being well received by many prominent critics.

Posted - July 18, 2016

Responses

My impression from the media coverage is the film has mixed reviews (which is to be expected when remaking but significantly altering such a beloved franchise) and has done OK, but not great, at the box office.

I am motivated neither to dislike the film nor spend my money purchasing a ticket (but I'm not much of a moviegoer any more, so that's not saying much).

July 18, 2016 9:37 PM MDT

From what I read, it's a good laugh based on the talent of these 4 actresses.

July 18, 2016 9:38 PM MDT

No

July 18, 2016 11:58 PM MDT

I can understand why people are hating on it , bit like when Batman &Robin came out with George Clooney as Batman! its a light hearted version of a great movie - I have watched so many youtubers having a go at it I actually feel like I watched it myself! I wont be going to cinema to see it - not a fan of any of the actors and also not a fan of stupid slapstick comedy which i have heard its full of !

July 19, 2016 7:20 AM MDT

OMG I can't believe all the fuss about a remake of a really not very funny original.....I saw the first one in a theater of about 30 people, NO ONE laughed, I mean NO ONE....it was the dullest, stupidist thing I ever saw in MY LIFE.

I do like Wiig and McCarthy, but no way in hell would I see a remake of a movie where the original was so DUMB and UNFUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, in its defense (the remake), I have to say no movie deserves to trashed, IN ADVANCE when people hadn't even seen the darn thing!!  what a society we've become!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 19, 2016 7:27 AM MDT

How funny the original (or anything) is a matter of opinion. Personally, I thought the original was quite funny even if it was a bit stupid, perhaps because NYC is my hometown. There was a lot of Manhattan-based humor built in.
      July 19, 2016 8:43 AM MDT