Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Tandy 1500HD- Trying to boot up and getting a message to press F1 to attempt reboot. not rebooting. Any info on DOS systems out there?

Tandy 1500HD- Trying to boot up and getting a message to press F1 to attempt reboot. not rebooting. Any info on DOS systems out there?

I can't recall the exact message but it was unable to access hard drive, press F1 to retry reboot. Press F1 becomes a loop until computer shuts off. Any knowledge on old DOS systems and what else I might try to get  it to boot up?

Posted - June 10, 2017

Responses

If you have a backup disk you could put it in drive 0 and then if it boots, check to see if you can access the hard drive. (I only had a 1000, and never with a hard drive, sorry I cannot be more help)  Is this a trial with an old computer that you have not used before (are you familiar with DOS).  I don't know if you can even get a copy of Tandy DOS.  Can you do a directory search? This post was edited by Maurice214 at June 10, 2017 3:29 PM MDT
      June 10, 2017 3:05 PM MDT

• Thank you, it has been a long time since I needed to access DOS as windows really took over. I was not that good at it when I did use it. This isn't critical but I thought it would be fun to boot the old computer up that I had used 25 years ago. I will look for my disc in case I might still have it.
    Thanks Again,
      June 12, 2017 7:22 AM MDT