Discussion » Questions » Communication » How do you KNOW the words you thought you created weren't due to something you read or heard or saw on screen said by someone else once upon a time long ago?

How do you KNOW the words you thought you created weren't due to something you read or heard or saw on screen said by someone else once upon a time long ago?

Posted - July 19, 2016

Responses

You don't. But there are programs that can search for compare to other known speeches.
      July 19, 2016 6:29 PM MDT

Frankly my dear, I don't give a ----, lol.

{{{Hugs}}}

July 19, 2016 6:50 PM MDT

I've heard of that m2c with respect to students writing a Thesis/Dissertation to get a Master's Degree or a Ph.D.. They want to make sure what is written is original to the student and not lifted from the work of others. But I didn't think of it being used for political speeches. I wonder WHY someone didn't vet the speech and protect Melania? That was unconscionable to just throw her out there  on her own to sink or swim.  I hope heads rolls. I don't care who wrote what. She was not served well nor was  Trump. I'm furious. There is NO EXCUSE for it. It's almost as if someone tried to sabotage her. I mean the wife of the Republican candidate for president reading a speech in which some phrases are identical to what the wife of the sitting president said in 2008? That makes NO SENSE. Anyway I'm really upset. It doesn't matter that I don't support Trump. I support being fair and someone didn't treat her fairly . Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday. Did you happen to hear/see Tiffany Trump give her speech last night? I thought she was very moving and delightful.  I think all of Trump's kids are great so he has done something right  and should be given credit for  that! Which I have no problem doing! :)

July 20, 2016 3:48 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply BSurf.

July 20, 2016 3:48 AM MDT

There is no way to know, except maybe rereading everything ;-))

But google can help. Paste key parts of the sentence into the search box an if google can find it you get to know not only who, but also the context ;-))

July 20, 2016 4:14 AM MDT

'm2c' ???

July 20, 2016 4:18 AM MDT

my2cents JakobA. She knows whom I mean. Now you do too. .

July 20, 2016 6:27 AM MDT