Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » When it comes to your heroes would you rather be kept in the dark about what they do/say so you keep intact your adoration of them? WHY?

When it comes to your heroes would you rather be kept in the dark about what they do/say so you keep intact your adoration of them? WHY?

Posted - June 20, 2017

Responses

• I can't recall of ever having any heroes while growing up and I have none now. While I don't have any heroes, I do respect certain people like those in the military, law enforcement, and firefighters. Because of their desire and willingness to put their life on the line to protect and defend this country.
      June 21, 2017 5:20 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful answer Hezekiah and Happy Thursday. I have two. I got a crush on actor Humphrey Bogart when I was 3 and to this day (I'm almost 80) he is still my favorite actor. When I first saw Yoda in Star Wars it was love at first sight. He will always be my most favorite fantasy "person". Other than that no heroes for me either although there were/are some folks whom I greatly admire! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 22, 2017 3:28 AM MDT
      June 22, 2017 3:27 AM MDT

• Thank you. Humphrey Bogart, they don't make actors like him anymore. Back during the golden age of Hollywood, they relied on the actors/actresses acting abilities to sell the movies and to entertain the people. Today it's all about special effects, violence, death, and destruction to sell movies. Although I did watch television when I was growing up, I also loved listening to the radio. The plays they used to have were great. You had to use your imagination to picture what was being said and presented. No visuals necessary.
      June 23, 2017 10:48 AM MDT

You're welcome. Me too. Imagination has no boundaries. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Hezekiah! :)
      June 24, 2017 4:56 AM MDT