Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Is this a good pick up line?

Is this a good pick up line?

I thought I saw something ugly but then I looked close and saw that you have a beautiful face.

Posted - July 20, 2016

Responses

• *melts*

July 20, 2016 5:08 PM MDT

Quite lame...how about :"Want to go to my place and have some fun?".

July 20, 2016 5:09 PM MDT

Hmm. Might work on some. I don't know who they'd be though. Let me know it works out fo you.
      July 20, 2016 5:41 PM MDT
  • Bez

Let me put it this way, grilledcheesegirl: if I used that as a pick-up line, I would have more chance of going to Venus than getting a date. Lol:)

July 20, 2016 5:44 PM MDT

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love it

July 20, 2016 6:30 PM MDT

• Definitely not a good pick up line - it's what's called a dubious or back-handed compliment.

It instantly raises the question, why did you at first think that what you saw was ugly?

Most pick up lines fail unless both of you are only after a quick shag.

If what you want is a real relationship, the pick-up technique backfires because it sets up the wrong expectations, motives and attitudes about you in the other person's mind. It can be a direct cause of double standards.

July 20, 2016 6:43 PM MDT

Not a good pickup line. It implies that much else about him/her is ugly, except that one redeeming feature.

I rather prefer Simon and Garfunkle: "If I said You have a beautiful body would you hold it against me ?"

Of course even the best line goes bad when overused.

July 20, 2016 8:51 PM MDT

• The S&G line has a neat double entendre, flirtatious and smart at the same time.

It would at least get a giggle. If not over used - then it would get a groan, of the wrong kind.

July 21, 2016 2:23 AM MDT