Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Communication » You shouldn't lie to those whom you love and respect. Do you? Why?

You shouldn't lie to those whom you love and respect. Do you? Why?

Posted - August 16, 2017

Responses

August 16, 2017 1:49 AM MDT

You mean you do? Well if/when you do I'm sure you feel terrible about it.  I don't lie because I'm not very good at it. It's so embarrassing to be caught lying so I gave it up many decades ago. But except for white lies I can't recall ever lying to someone I loved. What's a white lie? Say you're visiting a very sick friend and she/he says "I must look awful". You don't say "I agree..you look like he**". You say "You look good to me" which is true because you love the person. But to be honest he/she has looked a lot better. What's the harm of that? You lie to not hurt someone, not to cover your a**. I'm gonna ask that question. Thank you for your reply cp! :)
      August 16, 2017 2:06 AM MDT

Everybody lies. We are only human RosieG. ;)
      August 16, 2017 2:07 AM MDT

I have heard that  many times from many people cp.  And so it goes. Thank you for your reply.
      August 16, 2017 2:22 AM MDT

• You are correct, we shouldn't lie to those whom we love and respect. For that matter, we shouldn't lie to anyone. And no I don't lie to the ones I love and respect nor do I lie to anyone else.
      August 16, 2017 2:27 AM MDT