Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » "Revenge is best served cold". Ice cream too otherwise it gets soupy. What style do you favor? Soft-serve, ooey gooey Sundaes,Shakes?

"Revenge is best served cold". Ice cream too otherwise it gets soupy. What style do you favor? Soft-serve, ooey gooey Sundaes,Shakes?

Ever made ice cream? In the olden days before electric ice cream machines were invented you had to hand crank and crank and crank and crank. Built muscle. Nowadays machines do everything for you.  I had homemade peach ice cream once upon a time very long ago. The best peach ice cream I ever tasted! If you make ice cream at home do you have a signature flavor that your family/friends request often? If so what is it?

Posted - August 29, 2017

Responses

I am not aa fan of ice cream. We did make it in my classroom by putting the ingredients into a small zipllock bag and placing that bag into a large ziplock with snow and salt. The kids thought it was magic until I showed them the science behind it.
      August 29, 2017 10:06 AM MDT

You aren't? Gosh I think you are the first person I've ever met who said that. Did you make enough ice cream for all your students to share? What flavor? If you took a vote I would have voted for PEACH! Thank you for your reply. You are like Bill Nye the science guy! I would have liked being in your class Ele. :)
      August 31, 2017 2:21 AM MDT

You are going backwards as to the meaning of this.

The IDEA is to wait.  Not wait until the ice cream that is ORIGINALLY cold gets warm.

The IDEA is to wait until the HOT dish is cold and forgotten about.  Then you HIT.

No ice cream. 

Think hot souffle.   Then pfffft.  Cold forgotten souffle' not ice cream that needs to be EATEN COLD.

August 29, 2017 10:11 AM MDT