Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Mother Nature gives humans a choice. 24 hours of sunshine forever after OR 24 hours of darkness forever after. You vote for? Why?

Mother Nature gives humans a choice. 24 hours of sunshine forever after OR 24 hours of darkness forever after. You vote for? Why?

Posted - September 3, 2017

Responses

The Sunshine gives life. The darkness is devoid of it. I'll choose the sunshine. This post was edited by Zack at September 3, 2017 3:11 PM MDT
      September 3, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

Okey dokey . The darkness would be lit up like Las Vegas. The town that never sleeps. What do they do in Alaska six months of the year Zack? I've never been there so I don't know but it's possible to survive darkness as long as it is well lit and nothing goes wrong. Like the electric grid going out! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      September 3, 2017 9:42 AM MDT

You need to watch Game of Thrones. 

Start to finish.  Winter is Coming.

September 3, 2017 9:44 AM MDT

I choose to walk with our Savior... "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Even in the darkness, if I believe in HIM, I'll walk in the light...   I'd rather have the light...  This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at September 3, 2017 4:22 PM MDT
      September 3, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

• "LIGHT" ... because I can't see in the dark.
      September 3, 2017 12:05 PM MDT

• Personally I would prefer the dark but.......you know, FOOD.
      September 3, 2017 12:35 PM MDT

HAHHAHAHA i think. That was meant to be funny right? ;+
      September 3, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

• It's the truth.  I'm ecstatic it gets dark out before 9pm again.  I would love it if the society norm was work and play all night and sleep all day.  I find the darkness calming and relaxing compaired to the hot and glaring daytime sun.  I'll never understand how people feel sitting in the sunlight enjoyable.  I spend all day trying to find shade and avoid that penetrating radiant warmth.  Ughhh.
      September 3, 2017 1:16 PM MDT

• I'd go for the 24 hour sunshine.
    I could always sleep with the curtains closed and the AC on.

I watched a documentary once about life up north in a place where it's dark 24 hours a day for a long time and the suicide rates there are crazy.

We don't have 24 hour a day darkness in Canada, but after a long winter I sure love the much needed vitamin D I get from the sunshine in the spring and summer.
    It gives me energy and brightens my mood.

Living in darkness would be healthier for the skin and people wouldn't age as quickly, but they might be pale and depressed all the time?

September 3, 2017 12:37 PM MDT

I don't know, I prefer the dark but we need sunlight. And what about all the poor nocturnal creatures? Why should Mother Nature only care about what humans want?
      September 3, 2017 7:23 PM MDT