Active Now

Pet Eater
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Steal one thing you're a thief. Murder one person you're murderer. Tell one lie you're a liar. How many lies makes you pathological?

Steal one thing you're a thief. Murder one person you're murderer. Tell one lie you're a liar. How many lies makes you pathological?

Posted - September 5, 2017

Responses

• "It appears to be a disease, not number related."

path·o·log·i·cal
    ˌpaTHəˈläjək(ə)l/
    adjective
    relating to pathology.
    "the interpretation of pathological studies"
    involving, caused by, or of the nature of a physical or mental disease.
    "pathological changes associated with senile dementia"
    synonyms: morbid, diseased
    "a pathological condition"
      September 5, 2017 4:27 AM MDT

Merrium Webster: Definition of liar. : a person who tells lies has a reputation as a liar.

So a liar tells lies, plural, on a regular basis...that is how you gain a reputation for doing something.
      September 5, 2017 4:41 AM MDT

I notice that you have yet to give me a name for a person who is known to have told a lie, if you have a better one than liar then please share it.
      September 5, 2017 4:44 AM MDT

??? You have not made a reply to me...???
    Human....everybody has told a lie. Just a matter of how much and why. 

This post was edited by my2cents at September 5, 2017 5:19 AM MDT
      September 5, 2017 5:18 AM MDT

Please do not plead ignorance with your '??? You have not made a reply to me...???'. You know perfectly well that it originates in another post where you first claimed that you need to tell several lies in order to be considered a liar.
    You have still to supply a word other than liar for a person who tells a lie.
      September 5, 2017 6:05 AM MDT

If you expect the alert system to send a notification of a comment, you must use the reply button. Since your comment here yes, I found your comment to me but it was as an another answer....so I received no notification.  

Everybody has told a lie. The answer is a human who lied. 

LIAR is someone who makes a regular habit of telling lies.

September 5, 2017 6:14 AM MDT

If you are telling me that if I lied to you would reply with
    "you are a human who lied" rather than "you are a liar". If that is what you are claiming then that is exactly what I am calling you, 'a human who lied'.
      September 5, 2017 6:41 AM MDT

I would say just as I said about McCain...he lied. Again different from calling someone a liar.
      September 5, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

A pathological liar would be diagnosed by a mental health professional. Some people lie compulsively or habitually, but are not mentally ill. It particularly disturbs me to see laypeople, including the media and muggers, trivializing mental health issues by labeling behavior they don't like or don't understand as mental illness. 
      September 5, 2017 4:56 AM MDT