Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Sea Levels are rising. Whether the cause is hocus pocus or global warming doesn't matter. Why live below sea level at the ocean's edge? ?

Sea Levels are rising. Whether the cause is hocus pocus or global warming doesn't matter. Why live below sea level at the ocean's edge? ?

Posted - September 10, 2017

Responses

Dry land is getting kind of expensive, even in the US. The ocean on the other hand is still pretty cheap. There are even people selling houses for living underwater  https://www.ussubstructures.com/h2o.html 
    And weather down there is more stable, Well OK, then you need to live even further down below the surface, bur at 60 feet below the surface it take a pretty huge storm before you even notice there is a wind blowing 'upstairs'.

Another Plus is the view. The Sea is full of life and action, Just compare most any view in Texas to the view out of the window in the picture below :-))
      September 10, 2017 9:33 AM MDT

So you're an advocate of living beneath the sea? But surely you mean a home meant for undersea living and not one that is engulfed and destroyed by the ocean, right? Planning is crucial here. I think I'd get claustrophobic. I don't like caves or dark places. I like to look out and see the sky any time I wish day or night. Also knowing that the horrendous killer weight of the water was pressing down upon me 24/7 would not be comforting. It might be an OK place to visit briefly but living there? I'm not meant for it. Thank you for your reply JakobA. Your home wishfully?
      September 10, 2017 10:10 AM MDT

There is even an underwater hotel you can wisit if you want to try it out. The prices are pretty high though.
    https://www.jul.com/Rates.html
      September 10, 2017 9:50 AM MDT

I shall click on it. Meanwhile in the real world I can look out the window and see the sky and all is right with my world. Thank you for the link JakobA! :)
      September 10, 2017 10:11 AM MDT

Many countries are or have been running out of land, and were/are overpopulated. The Netherlands have been reclaiming land from the North Sea for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Currently there are about 3000 square miles of the Netherlands below sea level. Why do they live there... there is no where else to go.
      September 10, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

Wow! And with global warming and the concomitant seas rising it's gonna get even grimmer. Thank you for your reply Maurice. I can't answer your question. I sure wouldn't knowingly live below sea level close to the sea. Makes no sense to  me whatsoever! Happy Sunday! :)
      September 10, 2017 10:13 AM MDT