Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Zack
Discussion » Questions » History » During the 2008 prez election Obama said that Hillary was "likable enough". I disagree. If she had been more likable she'd be prez. Agree?

During the 2008 prez election Obama said that Hillary was "likable enough". I disagree. If she had been more likable she'd be prez. Agree?

While her loss certainly wasn't 100% her fault being very likable could have offset the other forces that were working against her. There was something offputting about her personality. Setting everything else aside(which of course we can't) being very likable goes a long way to being accepted/defended/supported. Maybe it's the grease that makes the parts operate smoothly. I think her book outlining every cause of her defeat wasn't a gracious thing for her to do. I think she could have written a positive memoir about her life and political experiences without going to the dark side and whining and rehashing and regurgitating. It would have left better tracks. Of course she had a right to write whatever she wanted to write. It's just kinda disappointing that it wasn't more gracious, graceful, upbeat. Just my opinion. Yours?

Posted - September 18, 2017

Responses