Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Weather » On a scale of misery which do you think is worse? Being a hurricane survivor in Puerto Rico or an earthquake survivor in Mexico? Why?

On a scale of misery which do you think is worse? Being a hurricane survivor in Puerto Rico or an earthquake survivor in Mexico? Why?

Posted - September 21, 2017

Responses

Puerto Rico...They have nowhere to go. Mexico City is large and I would hope that they would be able to move somewhere else in the city. Thanks for a question Idea.
      September 21, 2017 7:08 AM MDT

You're welcome. What are friends for? I just wonder about the expense of rebuilding on an island. An Answermugger reminded me that everything has to be brought in. How much does that add to the time/expense of rebuilding? Can Puerto afford it? Can we afford to rebuild island cities? I dunno, Thank you for your reply Ele! :)
      September 21, 2017 7:28 AM MDT

PR is a US protectorate so we are responsible to give aid as if they were a US State or City.
      September 21, 2017 7:36 AM MDT

I know. So if you were in Mexico the rebuilding wouldn't be as swift or efficient? What guarantee is there that a rebuilt Puerto Rico won't be demolished again with a hurricane? I wouldn't live there again. That's Russian Roulette isn't it? Thank you for your reply Ele and Happy First Day of Autumn Friday in the USA! :)
      September 22, 2017 5:39 AM MDT