Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Is anyone still getting random logouts?

Is anyone still getting random logouts?

I have a member reporting that she is occasionally logged out when she is responding to questions. She says she saw a blue exclamation point icon on the screen just before it happenend last time.

If any of you are having a similar issue, will you please reply here or email me with as much information as you can?

It would be good to know:
What type of device you have
What operating system you're using
What browser you're using
Details about what you were doing right before the log out
What page it happened on
What page you left
If you clicked or took any other actions
If you noticed anything abnormal

Really- any details, no matter how seemingly small or useless you may think they are, I would like to know. I can't trace or replicate the issue right now, so the more data I get, the better.

Thanks! 

Posted - September 26, 2017

Responses

It has never Happened to me

Stationary PC with Windows 10 as updated by Microsoft.
    FireFox, downloaded newest version ca 1 month ago

September 26, 2017 3:04 AM MDT

That hasn't happened in the past few days but I did have a problem last night with the site freezing up on me while I tried to post responses.  FYI, I am also still not getting all the notifications to my questions and posts.  I know I'm not the only one having problems with this.

I currently use a laptop. 
    Windows 10.
    Chrome.

September 26, 2017 4:14 AM MDT

Thank you for the info.

Can you tell me more about the notifications you aren't getting? 

I sometimes notice that my browser (also chrome) "forgets" to leave the checkbox at the bottom checked, so sometimes I have to reclick it and then go back and manually subscribe to the discussions I was involved in, so I get the notifications. But, if you are subscribed and not getting notifications, that's different.
      September 26, 2017 11:01 AM MDT

You've brought up another issue.  Yes, I have the same problem.  I have to manually check the box sometimes.  If I don't, I won't receive notifications.  But, I am automatically subscribed on my questions from the start.  I get the first few notifications, then I don't receive any more.  I know I'm not the only one dealing with this.  I've asked other people if they've had this problem.  They've said yes.  They aren't getting all the notifications or the notifications are very delayed.  I'm on a laptop. someone else was using their Iphone, another person was using a tablet. 

The other issues we are encountering over the past few days is, the site freezing at times and not loading and timing out, or taking a long time to load.  responses to posts are being dropped, and "likes" to posts are disappearing.  I've had to rewrite responses because they've just disappeared, and I find myself having to re-"like" posts the next day. 
      September 26, 2017 8:48 PM MDT

Hi JA~ Like Harry, I also use a laptop (ASUS), Windows 10, and Chrome.

I had that problem last night and I've had it in the past. I hadn't been on my computer for over 10 hours but always leave it on and the AM tab open.
    The last thing I was doing on my computer was playing the staries game on one of the options AM features.  I do play on the Novel Games and leave some of those tabs open too.  All of this is first accessed by and through AM. 

This post was edited by Merlin at September 26, 2017 8:49 PM MDT
      September 26, 2017 10:39 AM MDT

Thank you.

So, Staries is a game that can only be accessed while you're logged in. Knowing that kind of helps because then we know that you were at least logged in at that point. But, then you say you left and came back hours later and were logged out... that would make the page more or less defunct- open, but unusable, yes? I rarely get that- like once a month, and it's usually because we've run an update here and it boots everyone off sometimes when we do that, but I'm 99.99999% we didn't update anything last night, and I didn't get logged off either. It would have been a universal thing- happens to everyone, if it was that.

That might be something different, but maybe not. It's a good start anyway. Thanks!
      September 26, 2017 11:35 AM MDT

I came back online this morning and the system had logged me out too.  I assumed there was an update overnight.  The logging out has occurred a few times over the past couple of weeks.
      September 26, 2017 8:50 PM MDT

Interesting. Maybe we did. The dev just kind of does his own thing and works through the list. O_o
    Last night was probably the only night in the last five-million years I didn't leave my browser logged in, so I didn't notice it.

Thank you. :)
      September 26, 2017 11:54 PM MDT

Yes :)  It is safe to say I was logged in when I left my computer.  I just get up and leave the table.  With me, JA, it is probably operator error. .  Maybe my computer gets bored.  I have gone days with it just sitting on the kitchen table and not touching it.  It has it's own place mat!  Literally!  Don's computer does too!  Sick but true!!  He takes his to work every day where as I don't.  
    I'm not too concerned as long as I can always get back on at some point or another.  Thanks for answering and have a great day.  :)
      September 27, 2017 4:05 PM MDT