Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Do you show up on internet social sites only when you're angry and want to vent or do you show up as often when you're cordial/content?WHY?

Do you show up on internet social sites only when you're angry and want to vent or do you show up as often when you're cordial/content?WHY?

Posted - October 2, 2017

Responses

Neither. I show up to pass the time.
      October 2, 2017 7:36 AM MDT

Oh. You do? So you don't come here because you look forward to the conversations and the possibility that you can share what you know or learn something new? You just have nothing better to do? I see. Thank you for your honesty HarryD and Happy Wednesday to thee.
      October 4, 2017 2:50 AM MDT

Well, I do come here to learn from others, and try to help pass on what I know, but in all honesty, it really is primarily to pass the time.
      October 6, 2017 9:22 AM MDT

That's A-OK HarryD. There are other places you could be and you choose us! Good! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee!:)
      October 7, 2017 5:09 AM MDT

Yeah, I looked at Facebook, but it didn't really appeal to me, and Twitter doesn't have enough characters to write anything. I used to be on EP, but it shut down, and someone from there said he had gone over to Answermug. I like it. Maybe if it gets too popular I'll go off it! No, I don't really think so. I'll probably stick around, unless the site changes for the worst, someday.
      October 9, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

The only reason I'm here is because Answerbag died. I would never have sought out Answerbag except that my son Rich got in on the ground level of the site when the creator/owner of the site( Joel Downs) needed someone to help manage the site. My son invited me to drop by and take a look. Which I did. Were it not for him I wouldn't be here. I do not groove on places where lotsa people gather. I am not a joiner. However the benefit of  Answerbag and is also true here is that as long I don't pi** off anyone who calls the shots and has power over me off I can ask what I like, talk to folks that I want to engage with and ignore those I don't want to and leave when I want to without needing anyone's permission. I like that. I have complete autonomy and answer to no one. Along the way  I've met some really superb folks, some of whom I consider to be friends though we have never met face-to-face and probably never will. I've also encountered people I learned to avoid/ignore at Answerbag some of whom are here and they did not change at all. Sameold MO. When I stop having fun I'll leave. So far I have fun every day. Thank you for your thoughtful reply HarryD and Happy Monday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 9, 2017 6:39 AM MDT
      October 9, 2017 6:38 AM MDT