Discussion » Questions » Business » Verizon bought Yahoo! for about $5 billion. Yet, the news coverage has been relatively tepid? Is Yahoo no longer relevant?

Verizon bought Yahoo! for about $5 billion. Yet, the news coverage has been relatively tepid? Is Yahoo no longer relevant?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2016/07/25/yahoo-sells-to-verizon-for-5-billion-marissa-mayer/#279e756b71b4

Posted - July 26, 2016

Responses

LOL.  That is big news?   I am not making fun of the fact that it should be newsworthy, but I don't know of too many people besides you and Bromide that even understand when or why it happened.  Are they going to change their Question and Answer site to VerizonAnswers?  That is all that really matters.

I am not a Special Kind of Stupid.  I am a Deliberate Dumbass.

July 26, 2016 1:34 PM MDT

Maybe because I'm one of the few people who still uses Yahoo as a primary internet portal (i.e. they have my e-mail and my fantasy basketball league) so Yahoo seems more relevant to me than it actually is given Google/Facebook's dominance.

July 26, 2016 1:37 PM MDT

Well, I think normal people who do the normal day to day are just like you.  I am out of touch, TOO MUCH STILL, with any kind of computer business language.  I am getting better. Keep talking about it, that's how we learn. 

Sharonna the compromised

July 26, 2016 1:46 PM MDT

I'd say it's not, except for those of us who still have a Yahoo e-mail.  I'm glad I'm not job-hunting anymore as I have a Yahoo e-mail on my resume (which will soon be changed).  

July 26, 2016 4:56 PM MDT