Active Now

Element 99
Zack
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Military » The October 10 ambush in Niger killed 4 Green Berets. Their names are listed below. How long should a prez wait to call/comfort the family?

The October 10 ambush in Niger killed 4 Green Berets. Their names are listed below. How long should a prez wait to call/comfort the family?

Or even mention it until he was pressed to do so.

Sergeant LaDavid Johnson
Staff Sergeant Dustin Wright
SS Jeremiah Johnson
SS Bryan Black

When asked by the press about why he hadn't contacted the families yet Trump mumbled and said Obama rarely called which was a lie.  When NAILED on the spot for that lie Trump said what he usually does when he lies. "That's what I was told". Then he did what he always does...make it all about him once again. About how hard it is to make such calls. Nothing about condolences to the family. He just doesn't have a clue what the right thing to do is and so he fails miserably when he is caught. Repeatedly. Daily. Hourly. Minutely. Can't keep up with it.

Posted - October 17, 2017

Responses

If those families are lucky, they will never hear from him.  Off script, I'm sure he would say something really stupid.
      October 17, 2017 11:09 AM MDT

Well because he was humiliated/embarrassed being caught with doing/saying NOTHING for almost two weeks (he had time to play golf multiple times during that time) he was "scheduled" to make 4 calls yesterday and the "letters" were scheduled to be sent out. When caught he always strikes out and insults/attacks/lies. It is his pattern of behavior. What he says/does is meaningless. The topic is always about him and how wonderful  he is and how great his relationship with everyone is and how everyone loves him and he loves everyone. Bullsh**. That is what he dishes out and thrives on and the sad thing he doesn't know we  know. SIGH. Thank you for our reply Spunky!  :)
      October 18, 2017 3:11 AM MDT

If I was one of those family members I wouldn't take his call.
    The secret service would be at my door after I told Trump off by sharing my thoughts about him.
      October 17, 2017 11:17 AM MDT

Here's a guy..da prez.. who never served his country in any capacity including right now. He has the nerve to attack an authentic American Hero who served his country his entire life who is dying of brain cancer. John McCain. Now if that isn't unpatriotic/obtuse/crazy I don't know what is. I expect da prez will attack McCain again for his wonderful speech about "half-baked Nationalism". McCain spoke yesterday. Did you happen to hear it Lulu'sMom? Well da prez will undoubtedly tweet  this morning and rant and rave and attack McCain. If he doesn't I will be shocked. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 18, 2017 3:15 AM MDT

Yes I did hear McCain speak yesterday.
    And you know Trump will get back at him somehow.
      October 18, 2017 12:44 PM MDT

McCain will rise above it. Having someone like Trump attack someone like McCain is shocking to me. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Thursday! :)
      October 19, 2017 2:31 AM MDT