Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is is true that 50,000 Puerto Ricans fled to Florida the last two weeks and more arrive daily? Will all Puerto Ricans become Floridians?

Is is true that 50,000 Puerto Ricans fled to Florida the last two weeks and more arrive daily? Will all Puerto Ricans become Floridians?

Posted - October 19, 2017

Responses

This doesn't surprise me, and who can blame them if they relocate to the mainland? This u.s. island is now of a third world country status. I myself have been praying to God to provide an escape for these most unfortunate people. Many Puerto Ricans have family in new York, as well as the east coast.  This post was edited by Autumnleaves at October 20, 2017 2:06 AM MDT
      October 19, 2017 9:58 PM MDT

It is shocking that weeks after the hurrican hit electricity is lacking on most of the island and may not be back up completely till year's end. Lack of food and clean water and meds and medical help is still a problem. Many of the Puerto Ricans used "tainted" water sources and I don't know what will happen to them because of that. It is a most unbelievable thing to know that Americans are experiencing such things. Yesterday Trump held a news conference giving himself a 10 on how well he responded to the crisis. He was asked several times on a scale of 1=10 how would he grade himself. The Guv of Puerto Rico was there and somewhat obsequious but refused to agree with Trump about how wonderful everything is. He was clearly afraid to tell the truth so he skirted around the subject but you could tell he was very uncomfortable. The scenario Trump keeps trying to sell is 180 degrees different than what is actually going on which is unbelievable or would be but that is Trump. Thank you for your reply Autumn and Happy Friday. I heard yesterday that it had risen to 60,000 who have left the island. Some are going inland. I also heard that it could change the political dynamics of the state. I guess we shall see! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 20, 2017 8:32 AM MDT
      October 20, 2017 2:13 AM MDT