Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Why does any society reward liars/thieves/cheaters/sexual abusers? Why do they succeed and have obsessed defenders?

Why does any society reward liars/thieves/cheaters/sexual abusers? Why do they succeed and have obsessed defenders?

Posted - November 9, 2017

Responses

Not only what is in it for me, but also, what do I have to lose by taking a stand?

I think the ideals get lost in the mad shuffle to provide employment for those seeking careers in  enforcing the law against any criminal behavior.  From the lowest rung of the police ladder to the highest level up to Police Commissioner to Prosecutor, Defense and Judge... etc etc.

All is politics and all who are involved are looking at their stake in the game. 

If it is better to look the other way because you will have more security?  Well, there's your answer. 

Most people are cowards who tell themselves they are practical and not risk- takers.   Most people have families to provide for that are more important than the fact that Joe-Blow criminal has gotten away with a rape or two.  He is an important guy, this Joe Blow, plus the man who stands in the way of your success (your boss) is telling you to look the other way.  BE LOYAL.  Do NOT be a leaker.  We are being taught this at the highest levels.  It is the way the game of LIFE has turned into SURVIVOR.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 10, 2017 4:34 AM MST
      November 9, 2017 10:10 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful and very sad analysis. The sad part isn't your fault of course. You are just reporting what you observe. It isn't fake news. It's the real deal. More's the pity! :( The graphic nails it. What a loverly bunch of (fill in the blank) they are! :(
      November 10, 2017 4:36 AM MST

Society does not reward them. In fact they could get into trouble in society for those same things.  As they do every day. Rather they are personal choices, just as their success (if they gain it) is from personal effort. 
      November 10, 2017 5:34 AM MST

• Why do those who pretend to care so much about the damage being done by sexual predators, work so long and hard to keep a lid on such and keep it swept under the carpet? Case in point: the social and political hypocrites of the professional entertainment industry? I guess liars and cheats really are rewarded.
      November 10, 2017 5:47 AM MST