Active Now

Randy D
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Why can't golfers carry their own gear?

Why can't golfers carry their own gear?

q

Posted - July 28, 2016

Responses

• they often actually do, just not the pros. their caddies are intricately involved.. like an assistant. oh, and some rich and/or older persons might have one they hire out from the clubhouse, if the course isn't cart friendly in some areas.

July 28, 2016 10:47 PM MDT

You should ask them.
      July 28, 2016 10:51 PM MDT

• Yes, the question was about pros.  Some carries their clubs. Hands them a club then puts it back. Elitist and pretentious.  

July 28, 2016 10:58 PM MDT

• it seems that way, yeah, but they are paid to "assist" the pro. the pro is under a lot of pressure and is sometimes being filmed and whatnot. the caddie can take care of anything that might impede timely progression. i'm sure it's a whole hierarchy, though.

July 28, 2016 11:04 PM MDT

IKR, I also wonder why famous rappers can´t carry their own umbrellas.

July 29, 2016 12:29 AM MDT

• They do that all the time.  I lived next to a golf course for 20 years and most people carried their own gear.  

July 29, 2016 2:32 AM MDT

• All professional entertainers are photographed ans such.  when have you ever seen a football player hand the ball to an assistant and tell him to run with it? And having several very large men charging at one, and those large men want to plow one down is a lot more pressure than trying to hit a small ball into a far away hole.

July 29, 2016 8:34 PM MDT

• golf is not comparable to American football in any other way than that they are both sports. apples and oranges. but, to counter... a caddie does not play the game, he merely carries and organizes the tools of the sport. besides, i'm sure football players have their supporting staff on the sidelines... where it's safe (for the most part. there have been sideline injuries) for non-players.

July 29, 2016 10:37 PM MDT