Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If you are a CONSUMER how can you possibly be ANTI a Consumer Protection Agency? Anyone out there have a clue? Wouldja share it?

If you are a CONSUMER how can you possibly be ANTI a Consumer Protection Agency? Anyone out there have a clue? Wouldja share it?

Posted - November 16, 2017

Responses

Well we are all "consumers".  But please look at it this way:  Who are they and which consumers are they protecting and from what are they protecting those consumers.  Look at who supports them or funds them and you can draw some conclusions about who they will or will not "protect" consumers from.  I remember years ago when the American Medical Association condemned Macrobiotic diets as "fad" and "harmful" when in fact people all over were becoming healthy with them.  As they continue to do.  Really because they threatened the food industries which funded the Association.  Then if it is a government agency we know it exists primarily to give jobs to friends and supporters of politicians.  So much for "protection".  Thank you very much but I will do the best I can as a consumer to protect myself and my family. 
      November 16, 2017 6:57 AM MST