Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » You can't "move on" from anything until it's over. The sexual abuser deviate pervert scandal has only just begun. Are ya ready?

You can't "move on" from anything until it's over. The sexual abuser deviate pervert scandal has only just begun. Are ya ready?

Posted - November 17, 2017

Responses

Not true.  If we do not "move on" then we remain stuck in our own nightmares.  So we chalk it up to whatever and learn what we can from it and move on hopefully a little more wiser and a little more carefully.  And it has not begun but it had been going on forever. When I was young in the 1970s and 80s we used to publish and post the names and addresses of men who raped us.  We used to warn one another about people and sometimes even tried to prosecute them through the law. But focus on name-calling and hearsay and prurient interest and all you end up doing is bogging yourself down in it do you find it everywhere under every rock and in your own community and even maybe own family.  And it will never be "over" as you may hope simply because men and women are the way we are.  I read on here where someone was upset because Franken groped and kissed her years ago.  Really?  Get real honey - if that is all you have to worry about in life I would say you are doing very well for yourself.  Which one of us has not been in some way by some interpretation "abused" and usually more  seriously?  And you know as I have written before I think it almost as perverse that grown women would seek to glorify themselves by claiming celebrity abuse. I mean just think of it. Getting meaning in life by being abused by the rich and famous - to show how put upon and victimized you were but also how attractive you must have been to them!  I want to be remembered by what I did in life whether I am remembered positively or negatively - not by the fame of the people who abused me. 
      November 17, 2017 7:04 AM MST