Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You are told you're gonna die in one week.You feel great. Do you celebrate the life you've led or do you sit alone and moan/groan? Why?

You are told you're gonna die in one week.You feel great. Do you celebrate the life you've led or do you sit alone and moan/groan? Why?

Posted - November 20, 2017

Responses

• Hi, Rosie. hope you are doing fine. If I would be told that I die in one week, I would not moan, jammer or whine. Life would go on as usual. All I would do is giving advice to my hubby and securing the future of my cat. Maybe having some drinks to induce the urge to celebrate.....
      November 22, 2017 7:20 PM MST

Hi sweetie! Long time no chat!  Well I'd celebrate every day with family/friends/food!  I mean I'm 80! I've had a good long life. No sitting in a chair just waiting to die. Not me! I'd be the kitchen cooking. At least that's how I see it. This is assuming I was in fine spirits and energetic! Thank you for your reply my friend. So nice to hear from you Whitehair! Happy Thanksgiving Thursday 2017! :) ((hugs))
      November 23, 2017 2:35 AM MST

• Thanks for your response, Rosie, for the holiday wishes and the hugs! You are 80 and I have been 82 three days ago. My hubby will be 85 next March. Sometimes - depending on the weather - we both have pains everywhere. I underwent bilateral mastectomy in July 2015, that is the date I felt the "Golden Years" coming. But no complaining, always positive. Overall we are doing just fine. Hugs from me too. 
      November 23, 2017 9:03 AM MST

Well thank for your reply to my question and the friend request.  I'm glad you're here. It's been awhile m'dear! Congrats for surviving the cancer surgery and for thriving! In 2008 I was diagnosed with STAGE 3 uterine cancer...sarcoma/carcinoma combination which was rare. Had six months of very strong chemo and 25 days of radiation and did very well through all of  it. I was lucky. At that time I was given a 14% chance of surviving 5 years and as you can see 9 years later I'm still here! Good for us! Jim has a herniated disk in his back which gives him constant pain but he plays tennis and golf anyway.  So I agree with thee. We all have a lot for which to be thankful! Have a great day Whitehair! :) ((hugs))
      November 23, 2017 9:20 AM MST

I live each day as if it were my last and try to enjoy every waking moment because we don't know what tomorrow will bring.
    Happy Thanksgiving Rosie.
      November 22, 2017 8:03 PM MST

I'd party hearty every day my friend. I'd surround myself with family, friends, food. I'd be cooking up a storm and celebrating each moment assuming I were  physically able to do so. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Thanksgiving Thursday to you and yours m'dear! :) ((hugs))
      November 23, 2017 2:36 AM MST

• A very important point I forgot to mention: Nobody - I really mean NOBODY - can tell me or foresee how long I have still left to live. My mental responce would be a stance to counter that and my body would follow. My husband was diagnosed 2004 with a rare blood disease/cancer, which gives the patient about 3 years of life left. After 2 chemo therapies my hubby got sick and tired of all doctors and quit everything, he rejected another therapy. I ordered natural meds I had researched - and we traveled on with our RV. His blood panels got better and better and he got younger and younger. Nowadays there is only his 4-stage kidney disease left, which exists only on paper. Btw - we settled down 2015 and live permanently in our big RV in Central Florida now, just in time to tackle my breast cancer without driving the highways. Forgive me, as being friends I find it useful to give a little insight into my life.
      November 23, 2017 9:18 AM MST