Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Babies/kids/teens are DEPENDENT on others to take care of them. Adults should be INDEPENDENT and outgrow that need. Right?

Babies/kids/teens are DEPENDENT on others to take care of them. Adults should be INDEPENDENT and outgrow that need. Right?

So why don't they? What causes them to need a poppa to take care of them even when they are old and have kids and grandkids? Stunted growth? Fear of the unknown? Something keeps them tied to that need. They ADULATE a prez whom they see as their protector, small "s" savior and invest in him all their fears and needs and wants unconditionally unequivocally obsessively. Why?

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

We are all dependent upon others to some extent. The amount of (in)dependence we have varies throughout our lives and there are many mitigating factors (mental and physical health, education, employment, tragedy, etc). 

Happy Saturday, Rosie! 
      December 2, 2017 6:22 AM MST

True. "No man is an island entire of itself" (John Donne). "Never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee". John Donne again.  But to expect daddy dearest to protect and take care of you and save you from harm 24/7? Seriously? When daddy dearest is a Washington Pol with a VERY  shady past, a potentially criminal present and a future of nothing but contempt, ridicule and disdain? I dunno SA. I'll  pass. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday!   :)
      December 2, 2017 6:40 AM MST

I agree with you, and there's no doubt that he's a criminal.
    Even if it were Bernie in the White House, it's not a realistic expectation. 
      December 2, 2017 6:44 AM MST

Agreed. With a crumb bum sex perv who stiffs folks and cheats them out of money he owes them there? I dunno. Brainwashing or hypnosis has to account for it. There is no way that normal would account for it. Also the "cut cut cut" bill that just passed which the Donald John will sign shows his contempt for the intelligence of we the people. He tells baldfaced lies and expects us to believe him. They do. What person other than an adoring adulating worshipper believes such bullsh** as that?  Boggles the mind.  Thank you for your reply SA! :)
      December 2, 2017 7:00 AM MST