Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is more offensive to you? Atheists who are racists/bigots/pedophiles or religious folks who are? Why?

What is more offensive to you? Atheists who are racists/bigots/pedophiles or religious folks who are? Why?

Posted - December 13, 2017

Responses

One has nothing to do with the other.

When people in positions of trust or influence betray that trust or abuse that influence in these ways, it’s just as despicable no matter what their beliefs are. 
      December 13, 2017 4:41 AM MST

Indeed it does from my perspective. Indeed it does. They are irrevocably and intimately related in my view. A priest who is a pedophile is worse than an average guy. Why? Because priests are supposed to be looked up to as examples of what is right and as you well know they have been responsible for heinous acts committed upon the very young. Same exact thing here. There are certain folks from whom you expect more. Your parents for example. You EXPECT them to watch your back, protect you and be on your side. Don't you? I see no difference. You do. So what? No problem. Religious folks are given guideposts which they are supposed to follow and revere. The Ten Commandments is among them. Whereas the non-religious have no such "instructions" from anyone other than that which they impose themselves so there are no rules to break. Thank you for your reply. This leads me to another question...an obvious question. This post was edited by RosieG at December 13, 2017 6:14 AM MST
      December 13, 2017 6:13 AM MST