Active Now

Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Naive am I. I EXPECT those who profess a belief in God/Jesus/whatever deity to be BETTER PEOPLE than those who don't. Why?

Naive am I. I EXPECT those who profess a belief in God/Jesus/whatever deity to be BETTER PEOPLE than those who don't. Why?

I expect them to be kinder, nicer, fairer, more understanding, more honorable, more honest than the average b bloke who believe only in himself/herself and nothing beyond that. That is the my why.

Posted - December 13, 2017

Responses

Belief is no guarantee of character.

The Catholic Church should be proof enough of that. 
      December 13, 2017 4:45 AM MST

Geez Don B! I already said "touche" on this thread to another respondent and so say I to thee too. Touche. Sad it is though even so. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      December 13, 2017 6:06 AM MST

You are so right.
    I have found most religious people to be more full of themselves, while thinking they are above others from their self righteousness and glory. It's as they have a right to be above others because they have support from their doctrine and find it easy to be forgiven (like an easy-pass for purification). They can do no harm because there's instant salvation.

December 13, 2017 4:54 AM MST

So I guess in this case we definitely agree anti b. Your reply could have been mine too, word for word. Thank you for your response and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      December 13, 2017 6:07 AM MST

"God is on our side". Every army that ever set forth to kill and plunder believed that. It is amazing how we can keep making the same mistakes.
      December 13, 2017 5:58 AM MST

Touche m'dear. Touche. I guess it is unavoidable to believe that and we never avoid that which is normal/natural/makes us feel ever so swell. Thank you for your reply JakobA and Happy Wednesday! :)
      December 13, 2017 6:04 AM MST

Because you may be confusing religion with empathy. Anyone who doesn't know the difference between right and wrong lacks empathy, not religion.
      December 13, 2017 6:50 AM MST

I used to believe that too until I found out the hard way that it is not.
      December 13, 2017 8:09 AM MST