Discussion » Questions » answerMug » When a question is removed for whatever reason is the asker of said question notified? Before or after? Is the reason provided? Is it via an alert or a private message?

When a question is removed for whatever reason is the asker of said question notified? Before or after? Is the reason provided? Is it via an alert or a private message?

Posted - August 1, 2016

Responses

Private Message with reason after deletion.
      August 1, 2016 7:47 AM MDT

Thank you. The reason I ask is that I've asked a zillion questions since I've been on Answermug and never once received a notification that anything was pulled. Considering the intense animosity that some of my questions generate in some people I'm surprised that folks haven't complained and caused removals. I appreciate the info m2c. Either you or JA would know. Happy Monday! :)

August 1, 2016 8:07 AM MDT

I don't see why any question that is not in violation of the terms of use would be deleted.

Happy Monday, Rosie. :)
      August 1, 2016 8:22 AM MDT

You get notified.  Poor Just Asking. 
    People cannot just take it with a grain of salt and let it GO either. 

August 1, 2016 8:53 AM MDT

They would only be removed if they violated the terms of service of the site. Not just because a user complained.
      August 1, 2016 12:07 PM MDT

Spot on.

August 1, 2016 2:46 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Spunky. Well by now you know the kinds of questions I ask can sometimes generate hostility in some people. So I would expect them to complain but I have never once received any notification that any of my questions have been deleted. That makes me feel very good actually because I don't ask questions to create drama. I ask them because they occur to me and I'd appreciate answers to them or at least a conversation where we can exchange opinions. Happy Tuesday m'dear! :)

August 2, 2016 2:30 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sharonna. That is good to know. So far I have not received such notification. Happy Tuesday.

August 2, 2016 2:31 AM MDT