Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » History » Do you have a copy of the Constitution?

Do you have a copy of the Constitution?

Posted - August 1, 2016

Responses

Yes, several around the office and home, including a pocket version that I carry in my briefcase and an electronic copy on my laptop, my phone and my Android tablet.

Do you have a copy of the Declaration of Independence and/or of the Federalist Papers?

August 1, 2016 8:09 PM MDT

No, I know the rough structure from memory (I took multiple semesters of Constiutional history in college) and electronic versions are easy enough to find.

Moreover, it scarcely matters. The Constitution has been both the source of reasonable workable democratic form of government, and a great failure at many times in promoting the liberty and justice for all we onstensibly seek (it didn't stop salvery, it didn't stop Jim Crow, it didn't stop the Japanese-American internment camps, etc.). Fetishizing the Constitution becomes basically a form of religious worship.

August 1, 2016 8:36 PM MDT

I have both, and a copy of the Anti-Federalist Papers as well...it was they who were responsible for the addition of the BOR.

August 1, 2016 9:49 PM MDT

Yes in my computer under Google Constitution

August 1, 2016 4:58 PM MDT

Not counting the one mounted to the wall in my office, I have seven copies in various forms/texts.

August 1, 2016 5:29 PM MDT

Google has a constitution?

LOL!  Sorry, I just had to ask.

August 1, 2016 5:30 PM MDT

Of course.
      August 1, 2016 5:33 PM MDT

Hello M:

On my phone, and in my favorites..  But paper???  Nahh... That's SOO 20th Century..

excon

August 1, 2016 5:44 PM MDT

Of which country  ???????????

August 1, 2016 7:26 PM MDT

As part of the classic Annals of America book collection, yes. I can also get to it from the computer at any time, starting with Google.com, search "United States Constitution". It is very easy. I show you how. :)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=United+States+Constitution

August 1, 2016 7:32 PM MDT