Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » D'ya have any famous or infamous ancestors on your family tree? Do you take after him/her? Are ya proud or embartrassed by him/her/them?

D'ya have any famous or infamous ancestors on your family tree? Do you take after him/her? Are ya proud or embartrassed by him/her/them?

Posted - January 16, 2018

Responses

My ancestors don't define me. They were mostly people just trying to make the best lives for themselves they could whatever that meant to them.  In this country some farmed, some were miners, small businesspeople, some started a very famous chemical company, my father a very successful tool operation.  Some were very learned, some very principled, some southern "rednecks", some were society people.  Some owned slaves, some were slaves.  All interesting but I have my own life to live.  
      January 16, 2018 5:49 AM MST

That's fine og. I respect your views. I don't share them but so what? I AM Absolutely defined by my ancestors. I am them writ large because I live NOW. Without them I would not be here so I owe them a great debt of gratitude. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 17, 2018 4:32 AM MST