Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » How do you join a new site without giving up personal information? Why so many questions?

How do you join a new site without giving up personal information? Why so many questions?

Posted - January 19, 2018

Responses

Don't answer them.
      January 19, 2018 8:55 PM MST

I know it sucks. If you dont answer the questions marked with a red *, you cant join. I get around it by just lying about all the ones I dont want to reveal, and get in that way. ;+
      January 19, 2018 9:38 PM MST

But then you cant get in.
      January 19, 2018 9:38 PM MST

• You don't have to give any "real" peraonal info.. FYI ... sometimes people on the internet lie... shocking I know :)
      January 19, 2018 9:45 PM MST

I lie
    ON YO MAMMA!
    ;D
      January 19, 2018 9:46 PM MST

• Please be honest this one time... do the carpets match the drapes? And wtf that question mean??? 
      January 19, 2018 9:48 PM MST

Image result for gifs of men in drag
      January 19, 2018 9:57 PM MST

• Lol :) I knew it ... what? ;p
      January 19, 2018 9:58 PM MST

Image result for gifs of people using blowhorns
      January 19, 2018 10:02 PM MST

This video is going too fast for me to get a proper look at that cute chick in the pink dress. I've been sitting here for more than twenty minutes watching it and I still haven't obtained what I need. It's almost as cruel as spotting the girl of your dreams from the High Speed Train - and know you will never see her again - unless she happens to be still standing there, wide-eyed and hopeful, when you return. But thanks anyway carbonproduct. 
      January 20, 2018 7:41 AM MST

HAHAHAH :D
      January 20, 2018 1:33 PM MST

• just lie like a normal person 
      January 19, 2018 9:48 PM MST

Yes, that is intrusive and cheeky. I sometimes suffer the additional pain of conscientiously working my way through a questionnaire then coming upon 'cell number?' I don't possess a mobile phone of any kind so I find myself locked out of that one. If there was enough space I have written: 'Well, they have me in 'C' block, but I get moved around between cells a lot because I am classified a 'troublemaker'.   
      January 20, 2018 7:48 AM MST

I've occasionally encountered that sort problem, but most sites do make phone numbers voluntary unless necessary for the service they are offering you. I do have portable phones as well as land-line but don't give the former's number, partly because I can't be bothered to look it up, but anyway I refuse to follow the fashion for having it glued to an ear or giving my RSI of the fingers all day long.

As it is you've given a good idea of your likely nationality here (same as mine), if nothing else!
      March 3, 2018 8:22 AM MST

• If they ask for more information than what's actually needed, don't join. You could always lie/give false information to finagle your way into a site but is that something you really want to do? Is that site really worth you lowering yourself to that level?  
      January 23, 2018 1:12 PM MST

A good point. Some of the details might help security and genuine technical service-monitoring, but in many cases they want the extra information to sell along with your browsing history to advertising agencies.
      March 3, 2018 8:14 AM MST