Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » The Planned Parenthood pesident told White women to do better but did she apologize for their founder's obsession with killing

The Planned Parenthood pesident told White women to do better but did she apologize for their founder's obsession with killing

unborn Black babies? Babylon oh Babylon *sigh* :(

Posted - January 21, 2018

Responses

She told white women to do better?  Huh?  Do you get it?  I don't.
      January 21, 2018 9:40 PM MST

Did you listen to what she said? It took me all of about two seconds to find the clip. https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/21/us/women-march-cecila-richards-trnd/index.html 

"Women have beaten the odds to elect our own into office. That's right. Women of color. Transgender women. Rural and urban women. And these victories were led and made possible by women of color. So, white women, listen up. We've got to do better. We've got to do better. It is not up to women of color to save this country from itself. That's on all of us."

She was giving women of color accolades for fighting and succeeding in women's rights and equality, and trying to call everyone to action. To make this sound like a racial thing is quite misleading. 

By your token, she should also apologize for killing white babies too? Last I checked, Planned Parenthood doesn't exclusively offer their services to black women. In fact, I know plenty of white chicks who have gone there, as well as a few Hispanic women. I did run  quick search to see if the founder had ever made any kind of racial remarks or racist beliefs. Here's one from NPR that debunks that: https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/08/14/432080520/fact-check-was-planned-parenthood-started-to-control-the-black-population 

Or, are you looking for some kind of general apology for them providing all women with access to legal and safe medical services? Because  I really don't follow what kind of accusation you're trying to make here. 
      January 21, 2018 11:04 PM MST

Interesting how different people read the same article and see completely opposite in it. I read your link and see as proof of Sanger's racism. With her involvement in eugenics. I do find it interesting that the NPR did not mention Sanger's speaking at a KKK event. 
      January 24, 2018 5:27 AM MST