Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » History » You know what the most famous portion of the Declaration of Independence says. See below to refresh your memory. Why didn't it include everyone?

You know what the most famous portion of the Declaration of Independence says. See below to refresh your memory. Why didn't it include everyone?

"All men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights among which are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". Where they say "ALL"" they didn't mean it. It did not include African Americans, Indentured Servants or Women . So this country was founded on prejudice and to this day we have been faithful to it. Why?

Posted - August 6, 2016

Responses

Because all men and women and other races are NOT created equal.

August 6, 2016 5:18 AM MDT

Why?

August 6, 2016 8:47 AM MDT

because, just like today's people, they owned slaves and just couldn't give them up.........greed and so on, just like today's people!!!!!!!!!!

August 6, 2016 9:32 AM MDT

Most people do not DO NOT even though they claim to, BELIEVE in a Creator.   It is just a Santa Claus that they use to keep themselves happy and content by denying that they have no CLUE what the Creator even is.

They think some Man in the Sky is watching them.  They think that man is PISSED OFF and wants a lot of MONEY. 

August 6, 2016 9:39 AM MDT

My question is why didn't it INCLUDE ALL  OF US?  The Creator or lack thereof has nothing to do with my question Sharonna. Nothing at all. I was obligated to quote every word but the question is not about a Creator. It is about why ALL of us were not n icluded. Why were some of us EXCLUDED? Thank you for your reply.

August 7, 2016 5:07 AM MDT

Isn't that terribly sad? No progress in the growth of human beings' humanity in hundreds of years? Geez that's awful. Thank you for your reply  ben! :)

August 7, 2016 5:09 AM MDT

Equal rights? Yes. Equal physical attributes and intellect...no.

August 7, 2016 5:46 AM MDT

Of course Ele. The physical attributes/intellect/temperament etcetera is all tied up in  DNA. I have read that you can increase your IQ. I don't know  by how much. I think I'm gonna ask that question. Something like "Is there a limit to how much you can increase your IQ?"  Thank you for your reply! :)

August 7, 2016 7:47 AM MDT