Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
WelbyQuentin
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you becoming more CONCERNED or INURED to the politics of today? Overwhelmingly unbelievable or a big deal about nothing?

Are you becoming more CONCERNED or INURED to the politics of today? Overwhelmingly unbelievable or a big deal about nothing?

Posted - May 11, 2018

Responses

• It's like this. For my entire life, I was a "political junkie". I had family and friends who had been either candidates for office or office holders. I volunteered on the periphery doing things like manning phones, stuffing envelopes and helping with an assortment of other things. I couldn't get enough but things change. To address the question, no, I'm not concerned for a couple of reasons. First, I think that as long as we don't go out of our way to subvert the rule of law or use the law to overturn elections and institutions that have worked well for more than two centuries. The American System is designed to take the best and worst that we can dish out, as long as we don't try reinventing the wheel every election cycle. But this is symptomatic of an intense cultural war in a society that wasn't this divided during the American Civil War. It took a century to completely heal from that episode, but come together we did. There is no perfection in this life, but the US Constitution has survived with only a handful of amendments as compared to my state's constitution that has been amended many hundreds of times. But so much for a civics lesson. I personally don't become overwhelmed by current events because I view the era in which we live as a precursor to a Biblical timetable that is being inexorably carried out as promised. I think it's exciting and what we see daily on the home front simply pales in comparison to coming events. 
      May 11, 2018 9:49 AM MDT