Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you savor compliments and sluff off digs or do YOU do exactly the opposite and dwell/focus on/embrace the hurtful things?

Do you savor compliments and sluff off digs or do YOU do exactly the opposite and dwell/focus on/embrace the hurtful things?

Posted - May 20, 2018

Responses

• I have a close relation that dwells on the grudge and the "slight" both real and imagined. Refusal to release these things, encourages these feelings to grow and embellish over time. It becomes as destructive as a cancer. I feel that it's important to resolve and move on than to give continuing life to these things. Therefore, I "sluff off compliments" and try to evaluate the digs in the proper perspective. Someone's trying to tell you something that's possibly valuable and there is the time to listen and understand.
      May 20, 2018 5:28 AM MDT

Ive never been one to savor compliments and sluff off digs, in fact, Im quite the opposite. I thrive on dwelling on, focusing in and embracing on all the hurtful things Im fortunate to receive.
      May 20, 2018 6:23 AM MDT