Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Phelps went out a Gold Medal winner at 31 years of age, awesome!

Phelps went out a Gold Medal winner at 31 years of age, awesome!

Best swimmer of all time?

Posted - August 11, 2016

Responses

I saw that, watched it with my kid. He was loving it. 21 gold medals, what an accomplishment. It's so fun to watch him, I'm just waiting for him to grow gills. lol He belongs in the water, that's for certain.

August 11, 2016 12:04 PM MDT

Totally huh, lol.

August 11, 2016 12:33 PM MDT

• good for Phelps! he is literally built for it, so it makes sense he'd do this well past his so-called prime years.

and to think he did it without the ultimate performance enhancing drug marijuana, like the last go 'round. ;-)

August 11, 2016 1:04 PM MDT

*Snorts* Yup, we all know that pot gives you superpowers. lol Good one!

August 11, 2016 5:22 PM MDT

Did you see him and the fella from South Africa in the ready-room the night of the semi-finals? That guy really worked to get in Phelps' head. Just goes to show, that arrogance will get ya every time!

August 11, 2016 5:26 PM MDT

I read that the South African was shadow boxing in front of Michael, Phelps just stared at him with eyes to kill.

August 11, 2016 5:33 PM MDT

It was that and so much more. I mean, this guy may as well have parked himself 2 inches in front of Phelps' face, that's how far he went to elicit something, any sort of reaction. And that went on from the moment they entered the ready-room right up until the race started with their lanes paired together. It was uncomfortable, to say the least.

South Africa took the bronze that night and Phelps the silver. The next night, at the final, Phelps was still all business and you could see the other guy was knocked down a peg or two. lol Phelps still shook his hand and told him good job afterward. Classy---I dig it.

August 11, 2016 5:38 PM MDT

• Went out? Did he die?

August 11, 2016 5:43 PM MDT

• ;-) super couch-loving, tv-watching, power-eating powers! lol....

August 14, 2016 12:27 PM MDT