Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Have you, "cut the cord"? How did you do it?

Have you, "cut the cord"? How did you do it?

Answer either as far as your entertainment and/or cutting the cord as far as your parents. Both are correct.

Posted - July 5, 2018

Responses

• Television?  "Yup, six years ago." I watch movies and some favorite TV series, on DVD, instead. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 5, 2018 7:14 PM MDT
      July 5, 2018 12:49 PM MDT

()*&^%&*$#@#$$ !!!!
      Zack, I was just about to cut the cord and you popped your glorious self out of nowhere!!  Literally!!  I have to go to work.  Luckily, I set my own hours.... BUT!  
    (There's always a but) Now you showed up and I would like to stay and answer your fun and thought provoking questions. What a dilemma!
    Cutting the cord between my friends felt from my heart and my job that allows the money to reach out to those friends is hard.
    However... (if it isn't  but, it will be a however... ;))
    I must.  I know you know I'll be back ;) Hugs and Loves. :) :)

Before I scamper off, I would like to answer the question you asked.  I'll try not to over-think this.  There are two ways to think of your question.  I'll take the first, first! 
    However painful the process of leaving home, for parents and for children, the really frightening thing for both would be the prospect of the child never leaving home.    

We all have to grow.  With that being said, we can go here:
    Leaving home in a sense involves a kind of second birth in which we give birth to ourselves.  

It's hard but we all have to face who and why we are here.  Go out and find it.

These rules may also apply when you are tired of being "comfortable" in a relationship and feel it is going nowhere because your partner isn't seeing or feeling the growth that needs to happen.  We are all here just a short time.  Choose the people you surround yourself with with an open heart, a happy smile and the courage to go FIND OUT what the world has to offer.

Growing up, around, sideways, and forward is a good thing.  You can look back and be grateful and thankful for your experiences but cutting the cord allows growth that can be scary.  
    Keep your true friends and family that are growing with you.  Cut the cord with those who are not willing to compromise and grow with you.
    Love ya Zack and still, I will walk down any street with you, side by side,... hat or no hat!! 
    Big winks and smiles!  I'm off to work!  :) :)

P.S.  I over-thought it, hu?  Big winks and smiles! This post was edited by Merlin at July 5, 2018 12:58 PM MDT
      July 5, 2018 12:55 PM MDT

Since my parents are dead, that cord cut itself. As for cable, it comes with my condo fees, but I almost never watch it. I am trying to get the Association to drop the contract and let people buy it themselves if they want it.
      July 5, 2018 3:55 PM MDT