Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » I just bought my 3 year old grandson a nerf gun with a magnet to hold the bullets for continuous firing, is he too young for this toy?

I just bought my 3 year old grandson a nerf gun with a magnet to hold the bullets for continuous firing, is he too young for this toy?

I just got back from wallmart with my three year old grandson. He picked out a Nerf Gun with a Magnet that holds the bullets for continuous firing. After a few times he figured out how to use it, but it was a little difficult to pull back the trigger. He looked at me and said Baba, this gun is impossible, I think it works better for big people like you. Do you think him using the word impossible is a little odd for a three year old?

Posted - August 13, 2018

Responses

Not unless he likes the taste of the foam ball.

That is the age when kids should have guns.  And then put them down when the desire to use something harder than foam occurs.

Foam is fun.

August 13, 2018 9:32 PM MDT

I personally prefer water balloons , but he never lets me get my way. ;(
      August 13, 2018 9:35 PM MDT

That's even more fun.  But. he must like the feel of the foam.  Foam is fun.

August 13, 2018 9:36 PM MDT

Ill try that. Maybe Ill start off by putting some silly foam on his head in the tub and try to shoot it off with the nerf gun. ;+
      August 13, 2018 9:38 PM MDT

That is an assault nerf and must be destroyed.
      August 14, 2018 3:32 PM MDT

Thats what my sore butt thinks too. lol ;D
      August 14, 2018 3:34 PM MDT