Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Decade after decade after decade we played by the same rules. Some were better at it than others. Did you adapt easily to a RULE-LESS world?

Decade after decade after decade we played by the same rules. Some were better at it than others. Did you adapt easily to a RULE-LESS world?

Do you adapt easily and painlessly to change? Does it have to make sense for you to do it or can you adapt to anything including nonsense because it's the simplest thing to do?

Posted - December 13, 2018

Responses

I don't know about that.  I was a child of the 70s and we challenged some of the rules in the name of personal freedom. Because we saw our prospects as being limited by the status quo.  But we still believed in personal responsibility and personal achievement.  We still believed you want something you can work for it.  Otherwise it is not yours just by "right"- only because someone else has it through their hard work.  There is now less responsibility to others which I think is too bad but - let's face it - when many of us grew up there were not that many avenues open for us.  Now there are many more, and many more possibilities.  To some extent social coherence has suffered.
      December 13, 2018 7:41 AM MST