Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Are you a good cook? If so how, when, and where did you acquire your skill?

Are you a good cook? If so how, when, and where did you acquire your skill?

Posted - August 23, 2016

Responses

• I'm a decent cook, yes. I cook better than most people I know who are my age. I learned my cooking skills from my parents, both of whom have always been into cooking. 

August 24, 2016 10:00 AM MDT

I just love to cook, it is my favorite hobby.

August 24, 2016 10:08 AM MDT

• The general consensus is that I am.  As for learning, that was done from the age of 5 with time spent with my mother in the kitchen, a mixture of doing, observing and talking.

August 24, 2016 10:40 AM MDT

Yes by experience

August 24, 2016 11:10 AM MDT

I'm good at what I do.  I like mostly pure foods cooked in a fairly plain manner.  I like to season the veggies with various herbs and spices and meats I grill, bake, roast, or use a slow cooker.  I do not fry at all......zero.  I love fried okra and can get it at the Cracker Barrel or get the deli at the market to fry some and I go pick it up..   I don't cook in a microwave as it changes food.  I cook with heat and often do whole meals in the oven.

By fifth grade I cooked dinner and had it on the table most days when my mother came in from work.  So, I learned early. 

August 24, 2016 1:34 PM MDT

Yes.  I learned from my mom.

August 24, 2016 1:48 PM MDT