Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Braggarts ALWAYS brag about BIG. Big hands big crowds big money. No one brags about small at all. Why?

Braggarts ALWAYS brag about BIG. Big hands big crowds big money. No one brags about small at all. Why?

Aren't the best things found in SMALL packages?

Posted - January 12, 2019

Responses

Because bragging is ego.  It is the mind blabbing on and on and on to convince itself how important it is.

Ego is NOTHING.  It is empty hot air.

Edging God Out.  EGO

When the Divine appears?  It is always subtle.  It never needs to announce itself. It always arrives in a humble package.

It does not need a publicity agent nor loyal backers to lie about how Great.   

It always appears in a humble package.

January 12, 2019 11:00 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Sharon and Happy Sunday! :)
      January 13, 2019 1:20 AM MST

Because in our world, size matters.....  and bragging is all about size.

Have you ever heard anyone brag about something being "just the right size"?  How many women brag that their body (and/or parts thereof) are "just the right size"?  How many guys brag that their "manhood" is "just the right size"?  Bragging strokes the ego... and boy do we love having our egos stroked!  We tend to equate big with wealth and prosperity.  The bigger something is the more wealthy or prosperous the one who owns it appears.  Therefore when we brag, we tend to brag about "big" things...sometimes even over inflating the size.  The bigger the ego, the bigger the brag.

Sometimes people brag about small things, just not as much.  Of course, if smaller makes one look better than another, then small is what is brag about ("My waist is a size -0").

Yes, good things may come in small packages, but the package my good things came in is still bigger than yours. This post was edited by Shuhak at January 13, 2019 1:20 AM MST
      January 12, 2019 3:48 PM MST

Hhahahaha! I LOVE your tag line Shuhak. Much truth is said in jest m'dear. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      January 13, 2019 1:22 AM MST