Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Are you a good Muslim or a bad Muslim? WHAT?

Are you a good Muslim or a bad Muslim? WHAT?

Seriously?

Posted - August 25, 2016

Responses

I did not mean to put this in pregnancy .   I meant to put it under Paranormal.

August 25, 2016 6:20 PM MDT

Sorry. I don't revere pedophile 'prophets' and I don't worship sadistic 'gods.'

August 25, 2016 7:04 PM MDT

• My love of alcohol and pork has put my Muslim score at an all-time low :P

August 25, 2016 7:06 PM MDT

I thought Libertarians were open-minded about how other cultures live their lives.  Judge not lest ye look like a clueless fool.   I am pretty sure you don't know a lot about this here religion.

August 25, 2016 7:06 PM MDT

Libertarians are open minded about freedom. Islam is antithetical to freedom (or human survival for that matter).

And you're right.  Other than reading the Qur'an and parts of the Hadith I know nothing about Islam--apart from what Muslims teach us all...one act of barbarism at a time.  Muslims, who presumably DO know their own faith, are excellent teachers!  On the one hand you have the Muslims who behead and burn 'infidels' alive, mutilate the genitals of women, rape them, etc., and on the other you have Muslims who do nothing but look on approvingly.  I am sick all the way to my A$$ of that disgusting death cult!

Spare me your self-righteous indignation, Sharonna.

August 25, 2016 7:17 PM MDT

Ironically those that some Muslims sees as "bad" Muslims, are actually good people.

Not sure what good or bad Muslims are, but I know when Muslims are good people.
      August 25, 2016 7:20 PM MDT

• Most Muslims I've conversed with tell me, "But I'm not a good Muslim. "

After hearing this enough times, I began to ask, "Why do you say that?"

So far the answer has always been the same, "because to be a truly good Mulsim is almost impossible. It is very difficult to live your life according to all the requirements."

Another answer may also be that humility is said by many Muslims to be the first of the virtues. But. It might be a lot trickier to answer, "Because it is my duty to be humble and to surrender utterly to the will of Allah, and I struggle with it every day."

Some of the great Muslim novelists portray the struggle beautifully, like Naguib Mahfouz in "Palace Walk."

August 25, 2016 7:46 PM MDT