Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » If you are a part of any other website similar to Answermug (Reddit, Twitter, etc.), how long did it take for someone to notice you?

If you are a part of any other website similar to Answermug (Reddit, Twitter, etc.), how long did it take for someone to notice you?

Posted - January 28, 2019

Responses

• It used to be Quora for a moment, and I don't believe anyone noticed me. I wasn't trying to be noticed on there though.
      January 28, 2019 7:46 AM MST

• I've tried a few other Q&A sites .. but wasn't looking to get noticed.  I lost interest pretty fast since their formats weren't very user friendly IMO.
      January 28, 2019 7:50 AM MST

• The new site definitely isn't the old site.
      January 28, 2019 8:10 AM MST

• I used to belong to another website similar to this one.  No one really noticed me other than to like my post or possibly comment to my answer.  It took a while till people got friendly.  On bigger websites like Quora which is fun in a different way, no one gets really friendly, there are just too many people for that!  I have quit 2 other of the previous 3 sites I had joined before AM.  
      January 28, 2019 7:56 AM MST

• Azlotto, Rick, and a few others noticed me right away on....somewhere. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 28, 2019 8:20 AM MST
      January 28, 2019 8:09 AM MST

Some people - yes we corresponded by private messaging. Which is not very common on this site.  But I would guess most people did not notice me at all. 
      January 28, 2019 8:12 AM MST

• If I don’t get attention within the first five minutes of being on a social media platform, I’m out. I mean, the whole point of social media is collecting “likes” on our pics and getting a false sense of self worth for 5 seconds. 

January 28, 2019 8:15 AM MST

I'm trying Twitter and have been at it for a week. No ones noticed me or responded to anything I've said. Maybe, I'm a lot like you. Five minutes seems to be my time limit too.
      January 28, 2019 8:21 AM MST

• I was more just kidding:) kinda ;) but yeah, twitter is a very large platform, millions of users. You kinda have to be a celebrity or woman who posts nudes to get noticed there:)
      January 28, 2019 8:25 AM MST

• Yeah .. what she said!!  :)
      January 28, 2019 9:24 AM MST

• Haha yeah! :)
      January 28, 2019 10:49 AM MST

• Have been on Reddit for years and maybe twice I've responded to a post and I've never done one of my own.  It's mostly a healthy supply of gifs and memes to entertain me. But on sites I actually interact it can take a few days...I don't always jump right in.  Takes me a little while to get going. 
      January 29, 2019 9:21 AM MST

I'm not on any other sites.  This is enough.
      January 29, 2019 9:22 AM MST