Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » D'yall ever read ingredients lists or d'yall think that is for wusses sissies and girly men? D'yall love HYDROGENATED?

D'yall ever read ingredients lists or d'yall think that is for wusses sissies and girly men? D'yall love HYDROGENATED?

What about PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED? Do you have a clue what you are eating or d'ya just take it on faith that if someone canned it  packaged it  froze it why he**'s bells it's way okay? How is your heart? How are your arteries? Are your arteries what they orter be?

Posted - February 11, 2019

Responses

Since the cancer scare, I have totally cleaned up my diet and my diet was pretty clean to begin with.

Now I do not touch any animal products at all, like dairy or fish and I am totally vegan.  I watch if it is organic and if I can, where it is grown and what chemicals are in the soil.

Hydrogenated is only the beginning of the poisons we are ingesting.
      February 11, 2019 10:43 AM MST

Eat nothing with GMO's. Genetically modified organisms. Eat nothing with food dyes that have numbers. Beets and carrots are good ways to dye food. You don't need RED #40 or yellow or green or blue. It will harm you. Eat/drink nothing with high fructose corn syrup. Soy beans and corn is what is most genetically modified. We have no idea what the results of fooling with food and modifying will be. That chicken will come home to roost one day just as smoking did. Eat nothing with an ingredient you cannot pronounce, never heard of and have no clue what it is or does.  Focus on veggies and fruits and whole grains and beans and nut s and seeds. Lean meats are fine but IT MATTERS how they are prepared. Barbecued chicken laden with icky sweet barbecue sauce versus poached chicken in unsalted chicken broth! Guess which is the healthier choice? Even then there is no guarantee you will escape a potentially dangerous condition. But it puts the odds in your favor. Use avocado oil or olive oil or canola oil. Don't deep fry anything ever. NEVER EAT farm-raised fish. Only WILD CAUGHT! Farm-raised fish eat ground up bottom fish with larger amounts of mercury in it. Don't eat salmon with color added. Don't eat anything with color added. Don't eat dried fruit t hat is made to look pretty  by the addition of a preservative. Don't ever eat anything with nitrites or nitrate in them. Avoid "fat-free" because usually sugar replaces the fat removed and so you are hurting yourself more than you would eating fat. Full-fat milk and other full-fat foods satisfy hunger more than fat-free so you eat less.  Eating fat does not make you fat. Eating sugar does. Pay attention to GRAMS of FIBER, GRAMS of PROTEIN as well as the amount of sugar, salt and unhealthy fats. Take responsibility for your health. No one cares more about you than you do. I know I'm preaching to the choir Sharon but just in case others might take a peek what could it hurt to give them a dose of what they should be doing for themselves AND THEIR FAMILIES? Thank you for your reply sweetie. GOOD ON YA! :) ((hugs)). This post was edited by RosieG at February 11, 2019 11:25 AM MST
      February 11, 2019 11:17 AM MST

I spent three months studying foods.  There is no way to cover the atrocities.   It's really scary.  We have to totally change everything we do as far as eating is concerned and I doubt if many of us will comply.  It is very very hard to change this much.

We need to move, basically.  America has no soil, no air and no water.
      February 11, 2019 11:28 AM MST

Thanks to the gaslighter-in-chief who specifically appointed an ANTI-EPA guy to destroy that agency. There is power in knowledge. Just because the gaslighter-in-chief and ALL HIS APPOINTEES are stupid dumbs doesn't mean we have to be as well. Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      February 11, 2019 1:08 PM MST

I have to say this over and over because I simply cannot believe people have left this heartless monster in office after this utterance.

He has no feelings.   He said global warming doesn't matter because he won't be around to deal with it.  HE SAID THIS.

Only a monster.
      February 11, 2019 4:30 PM MST

The why is that they are heartless monster admirers Sharon. Elsewise they would never have voted for such a one as him. They see and know exactly what he is and still embrace support defend. So they are all heartless monster wannabes obviously. There is no other LOGICAL explanation. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      February 12, 2019 4:06 AM MST

I seriously think they hate Obama because they believe he took their tax money.   That is what this is all about.  
      February 12, 2019 5:04 AM MST

It is not the Hydrogen you want to worry about - that won't bother you.

The technique was invented in the late-19C, and it converts liquid fat into a more solid form (se Wikipedia). The problem is that partial hydrogenation creates a version of the fat called "trans", and this is not so good for you. 
      February 11, 2019 4:18 PM MST

Right you are m'dear. TRANS FATS. BAD. HEALTHY FATS. GOOD. Healthy fats like avocados and avocado oil and olive oil and canola oil. I never once thought about hydrogen Durdle. I realize hydrogenated and partially hudrogenated fats include the word hydrogen but I never once thought of hydrogen. I don't know if that's good or not so hot. I mean hydrogen and oxygen are necessary to life right? Yin and yang. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      February 12, 2019 4:10 AM MST

I don't know that the benefits or hazards of the fat types are as binary as that, as I not a nutritionist, but I understand that the trans fats are the ones more likely to give you health problems.

Hydrogen itself is not poisonous as far as I know, though it does not support life and of course is two-thirds of water by atom-count.

Oxygen is vital to life, is the other atomic third of water - but even that can be toxic if breathed in high concentrations under the sort of pressure deep-water divers meet: a hazard hardly likely to the rest of us in normal life! 

It's not what these two elements do on their own that is the problem, but what one of them can do to oily fats, but in the presence of a catalyst in the correct situations for the reaction to occur. 

Most food additives are harmless really, unless you binge on them by totally unbalanced diets.

[Edited to add a word whose omission had reversed the intended meaning!] This post was edited by Durdle at February 15, 2019 3:25 PM MST
      February 12, 2019 7:12 AM MST