Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Michael Cohen has been referred to the Dept. of Justice for perjury in his testimony earlier this week before the House Oversight Committee.

Michael Cohen has been referred to the Dept. of Justice for perjury in his testimony earlier this week before the House Oversight Committee.

If he lied about anything, how do we know if anything he said is true?

Posted - March 1, 2019

Responses

I do not think Michael Cohen is the one who needs to worry.  Do you?

March 1, 2019 11:59 AM MST

If I were to be prosecuted for perjury before the House of Representatives, I would be very worried. If he lied, how do we know if anything he said, about Trump or anything or anyone else, is true? You wishing it to be true doesn't make it so. And John Gotti died in 2002.
      March 1, 2019 12:36 PM MST

By examination of all the relevant evidence, Stu.

This is politicking at its most banal and pretentiously convenient: 
    If a single untruth is discovered amid a multitude of varying claims, it completely invalidates the entirety of everything that was presented, right?
    Under what law? By whose logic?

If we’re going to impose that “one bad apple” standard, absent hypocrisy, then why give any credence to Trump (as a primary example) at all? Everyone is aware the President lies, copiously, about a host of topics, on a daily basis.
    Even his own legal defense team concedes this.
    When exactly do we start believing what HE says, and why, or do we summarily dismiss the lot, as you suggest here?

Why should we believe what anyone says?.... I answered that. Evidence. 

Embracing a truly impartial investigative method demands each claim is to be evaluated on its own merits. Shed light on perjury/falsehoods by all means, but light should be cast just as brightly on any valid claims as well. This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 1, 2019 6:35 PM MST
      March 1, 2019 2:38 PM MST

What a doofus.  He wrote a "love letter to Trump" via a book.  Everything in the book was opposite of the things he testified to before congress.  hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Totally unbelieveable.  Of course when he said he and his team had been working through the night on his testimony..."editing".....I laughed..> Can we say Red flag, boys and girls.  
      March 1, 2019 6:12 PM MST

In one answer, that day, he said Trump did not want to win it was just a huge infomercial for his brand. Then about 45min later in another answer, he says Trump would do absolutely anything to win. 

He said he did not want a job in the WH. It was well known he wanted the Chief of Staff job.
      March 3, 2019 7:00 AM MST

Yes.  He would.  He would do absolutely anything to win ONCE HE KNEW HE HAD A CHANCE.

We have dozens of indictments against this liar and we have issues of theft and con jobs that are irrefutable.  And you choose to nit pick how Cohen perceives Trump's motives? 
      March 3, 2019 7:04 AM MST

"We have?" What specific indictments and issues do "we" have that you know about? If you cannot list them on here, then you're obviously engaging in your usual wishful thinking. But who knows? If enough crap is thrown up against the wall, maybe one or two will stick.
      March 3, 2019 7:12 AM MST

Trump has been indicted? When?

The people who have been indicted have nothing to do with Trump actions. But to their own from years ago.
      March 3, 2019 7:16 AM MST

Not yeeeeettttt  sooooon

Save this post.  I predict before the year is over he will.
      March 3, 2019 7:22 AM MST