Discussion » Questions » Travel » why is driving in Boston such a clustercuss

why is driving in Boston such a clustercuss

its like they want us to get lost 

Posted - April 16, 2019

Responses

• The layout and signage of the highway system in Mass.  Is fahked.    No warning what so ever.

Actually Massachusetts just sucks pretty much.  The Berks are nice,  but it is still got that Mass. Vibe.
      April 16, 2019 10:02 AM MDT

Does it brag that it is the "best run city in America" like Phoenix?

That really is a JOKE.  But at least it is not like South Florida.  Oh my God.  They just change the name of the street in the middle of driving on it.    That was the worst nightmare. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 16, 2019 10:12 AM MDT
      April 16, 2019 10:05 AM MDT

• Florida doesn't ever count.
      April 16, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

• Florida doesn't ever count.
      April 16, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

I have one positive about Florida.  ONE.  The Ocean.  

You can have the rest.  
      April 16, 2019 10:13 AM MDT

• BS,  you just like the cocaine and trannies.
      April 16, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

• i mean we mostly just make our own signs/lanes anyway, the problem is that everyone does that so there are no actual rules. 
      April 16, 2019 10:10 AM MDT

• Why y'all cannot put an exit  in 2 miles sign up instead of just painting exit here is beyond me.  Dumbest roads ever.
      April 16, 2019 10:11 AM MDT

• we either put it fifty miles ahead or fifty feet ahead. there Is no in between. you either forget about it or you dont have enough time to switch lanes when you do see it 
      April 16, 2019 10:26 AM MDT

• Yeah, and Who ever decided painting it on the road instead of having a sign is a retard.
      April 16, 2019 11:39 AM MDT

Not sure what that means.  Downtown Boston?  Many short one-way streets.  Best stick to the highways passing though. To get to places there you really have to know the layout and the systems or else you can end up somewhere very different.  Not very intuitive.  I have done it - I know enough I can do it but most of the time I stay away from those areas. 
      April 16, 2019 10:29 AM MDT

Boston is easy to understand.  You have a series of Colonial Villages that morphed into one big Metro Area.  Colonial village think of how cows go to pasture and drunks wander home.  To add to the confusion the Back Bay and similar areas were filled in make living space.  since they still needed harbors not all areas were filled in.  Cambridge is a separate City along with Brookline etc. Confused yet?  you should be

Remember the Mass Pike fiasco aka terminus was finally "corrected" by the Big Dig.  (color me laughing here) One is still dependent on the Callahan & Tobin Tunnels, and the Storrow Bridge all else does not matter.  Second most important roads to remember are Route 9, 30, and 3 in that order - they all lead out of the City.  Do watch ones speed through Wayland however - the city lives off the revenues

In short live on a MBTA line and know where you are going - save the effort of driving.  BTW I still know 95 as Route 128
      April 17, 2019 5:07 PM MDT