Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What is the most PECULIAR thing anyone ever said about you in your presence?

What is the most PECULIAR thing anyone ever said about you in your presence?

In Junior College my fairly new-to-me boyfriend took me to a party to meet some of his friends. One of them came up to us and asked him " Is she one of us?" My boyfriend was noncommittal and the person left. I asked him what did he mean "ONE OF US" and I never got an answer to it. To this day I wonder what in the he** he meant by that? I socialized with them at other occasions and they seemed like regular people. Nothing weird. But my imagination wonders to this day what did they do when I wasn't there? I was 17 and I still remember it and wonder!

Posted - April 21, 2019

Responses

It could be anything.  

He probably meant that in a very bland manner.  Meaning ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT HER?  Maybe the rest of them were already serious and planning their lives together or MAYBE the were part of Trump's future base.

Glad you escaped.
      April 21, 2019 8:46 AM MDT

Something was going on but what it was I never found out. Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      April 21, 2019 10:47 AM MDT

I have stuff like that in my head that haunts me to this day.  LOL

I remember this guy I was in love with telling me …. I have a confession about that trip we took.  (we went to FLORIDA together) and then he said he would tell me later and NEVER DID.  I asked him later (after waiting a year or longer) what he meant when he said that and he FORGOT the whole thing.  I really think he did forget because by that time we were good friends and he would have told me.

I have imagined a zillion things since then about what it was.  LOL 
      April 21, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

People quite easily form themselves into cliques and talk of "us" and "them" simply because it give them a chance to feel superior.  
      April 21, 2019 9:06 AM MDT

Trump's base.  He makes them feel that way.  He makes them feel powerful.  That is what drives the insecure.
      April 21, 2019 9:08 AM MDT

You do understand dear that she was not talking about Trump.   Why must everything be altered and made to be about our president? Rather indicates some sort of obsession don't you think?
      April 21, 2019 9:15 AM MDT

Not necessarily an obsession---I suspect everyone in the Western world knows who Trump is and how he operates---to wit:

In the Comey firing, Mueller offers motive: “The evidence does indicate that a thorough FBI investigation would uncover facts about the campaign and the President personally that the President could have understood to be crimes or that would give rise to personal and political concerns.” Trump’s efforts to close a lucrative real estate deal in Moscow before and during his presidential campaign looms large as an example of something he preferred to keep under wraps (and which he repeatedly lied about in interviews and press briefings).

The more Trumps modus operandi (a particular way or method of doing something, especially one that is characteristic or well-established) and its effect on his base is exposed, the better

April 21, 2019 9:32 AM MDT